• Print

Author Topic: Other racing sims  (Read 295 times)

Offline Racinjon

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Other racing sims
« on: February 19, 2017, 03:36:43 PM »
There are so many good sims out there.  I would like to rotate our Friday nights, we can do Raceroom for a couple weeks, Automobilista, Project cars, and of course Assetto.  I know not everybody has everything, but for those that do, we never get a chance to do these other sims.  We've said this before, each sim has its special area that it excels at, and each has some downfalls too.  But I can say they are all FUN! 
-RJ-

Offline HangOn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Other racing sims
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 04:39:45 PM »
My vote is yes...no need to do AC all the time...they all are fun ...like you said..each has its great qualitys👍🏻

Offline Deadpedal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 03:38:14 PM »
I was not impressed by Project Cars last Friday night. But I also didn't get a chance to install the Realfeel FFB settings that Hangon had recommended. After having purchased the Classic Lotus Track Expansion pack, I had to at least try some of them out with the Realfeel FFB settings. So far I can tell you that the Lotus 51 Formula Ford and the Lotus 25 Climax at the Sonoma tracks are extremely satisfying experiences. The FFB rivals rF2 IMHO, and I don't hand that compliment out lightly, ever.  And just to be clear, that pass mark is only for the Lotus 51 and 25...nothing gets a "=rF2 FFB" grade on speculation or by association.

The Sonoma tracks are gorgeous with an amazing sense of the elevation changes and the ambiance is such you can almost feel the dust in your face. The  one thing I have an issue with is the blackness of the pavement..it's more like a drag strip than a rubbered in road course.

Offline Deadpedal

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 12:37:36 PM »
This kind of accuracy is going to be out of reach for consumer sims for some years to come and may never be if there isn't some yet-to-be-invented way to do it without exorbitant sums of cash (read unprofitable for a game). Still, this sampling of rfPro's 2014 Nordschleife is enjoyable to watch: https://vimeo.com/101508362.  Likewise a lap of their modern F1 Monaco track...https://vimeo.com/101611106

• Print