• Print

Author Topic: Wednesday Content Downloads  (Read 1075 times)

Offline spidey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Wednesday Content Downloads
« on: July 17, 2017, 04:30:21 PM »
Premier is not going to GetMod host files that are already on the Steam rFactor 2 Workshop any more. 

I have been informed that the download links Premier provides are not fast enough and with the new workshop system seems a bit redundant.  Also, due to the ever increasing size of the mods and our web hosting's 'unlimited downloads', but has limited bandwidth. Therefore, to save MY time, the only files that will be GetMod'd in the future are ones that are third party, and even then I'm not sure I will take the time to upload and insert our addresses.

❶ YOU are responsible for finding and downloading the content hosted on the dedicated server YOURSELF! 
❷ All participating drivers are expected to have the content installed well before race night.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO ME AND ASK WHERE TO FIND THE FILES!!! 

I will post links here when available, but it is YOUR responsibility to go to the Steam Workshop for rFactor 2, find them on your own and click 'Subscribe'.  When you try to join the Premier server, it should automatically install.  Sometimes a complete shutdown and restart of the game will fix any issues.  The same will apply to .rfcmp files downloaded from third party sites like Mega, RaceDepartment, etc., those just get put into the packages folder, then you can join and they will auto-install.

Offline spidey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesday Content Downloads
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 09:15:30 PM »

• Print